International Patient Information
Dear Patient, dear Visitor,
If you are interested in seeking medical treatment at our hospital, we would ask that you please contact the respective department(s) directly. Our staff will be happy to answer your questions.
Please find below some useful information should you decide to undergo treatment at our Asklepios Klinik.
About Asklepios-Clinic Hohwald - clinic for orthopaedic and rheumatic surgery
Located in the middle of one of the biggest forests of the Oberlausitz and close to the nationalpark Saxonian Switzerland the clinic can easily be reached from the nearby capital Dresden. The beautiful building was set up around the turn of the last century in the middle of an extensive forest in virgin nature on a climatic healthy altitude.
The Asklepios Clinic Hohwald as Saxony' s most established clinic in the field of orthopaedic and rheumatic surgery has been considerably developed over the last few years.
State of the art diagnosis and treatment is assured by our continous efforts in education, training, development and medical progress. In accordance to the Europaen Foundation of Quality Management the clinic is assessed regulary.
Our favourite treatments contain:
- total joint replacement of the hip, the knee, the elbow, the shoulder, the little finger and hand joints, and the upper ankle joint, particular by the help of Computer Assisted Orthopaedic Surgery (CAOS) to improve precision of surgery
- rheumatic surgery of nearly all affected joints (e.g. synovectomies, arthrodesis, joint replacement, plastic surgery of the tendons)
- arthroscopic surgery especially of the knee, shoulder, elbow and upper ankle joint with special techniques for osteochondral defect repair, repair of rotator cuff lesions et al
- large experience in the replacement of the anterior and posterior cruciate ligament with the autolog patellar or harmstring tendons
- spine surgery with microsurgical removal of intervertebral disc prolapses and spondylodesis of the lumbar and cervical spine
- perative and conservative paediatric orthopaedics
Accommodation & Comfort
Besides a first class medical treatment we offer our patients high comfort in their rooms. Although you are in a hospital we are trying to make your stay as pleasant as possible. All our rooms are modern and comfortably equipped. You can use all means of communication such as TV, telephone and internet. The bathrooms are styled in the way hotels are. Our kitchen offers you both varied meals and an almost 24 hours service. We try to fulfill all your wishes and can also offer you kosher meals. Our service includes the organisation of your arrival and departure. Within 30 minutes you can reach Dresden and continue your travel by train or by plane. If you wish we draw up a detailed estimate for all our services. Please contact us.