Our latest factsheet gives you an overview about the Asklepios Group.
The healthcare group Asklepios is one of the leading private operators of hospitals and healthcare facilities in Germany. The hospital group is known for highly qualified patient care with a clear commitment to medical quality, social responsibility and innovation. The company pursues a responsible and sustainable growth strategy geared towards high quality and innovation. Asklepios has been performing dynamically on this basis since it was founded more than 30 years ago. The Group currently has around 150 healthcare facilities throughout Germany and employs more than 46,000 people. Approximately 2.3 million patients were treated in Asklepios Group facilities in the 2016 financial year.
At a glance:
- An integrated, family-owned healthcare group
- 150 healthcare facilities in 14 German states make Asklepios one of the leading hospital operators in Germany and allow for integrated treatment chains and the establishment of medical clusters
- Acute hospitals providing all levels of care, specialist clinics, psychiatric and forensic facilities, rehabilitation clinics, nursing homes, medical centres
- A profitable growth story: revenue has doubled and EBITDA has quadrupled since 2006, with a very solid financial basis
- Asklepios guarantees cutting-edge, future-proof jobs and individual development prospects for more than 46,000 employees
Asklepios has a strong growth record, is profitable and generates stable cash flows on the basis of a long-term orientated business model. The group also has a sound financial structure and a strong capital base. Asklepios is thus excellently positioned, both strategically and commercially, to actively shape the structural transformation of the German healthcare system.
An attractive acute market
- 85 % of revenue comes from the crisis-resistant area of statutory health insurance
- Non-cyclical, growing demand for healthcare services
Market leadership and diversification
- A leading operator of hospitals and healthcare facilities with a focus on expanding the Centres of Excellence
- A clear commitment to high-quality medicine, continuing innovation and social responsibility
- Stable and predictable cash flows thanks to non-cyclical demand for healthcare services, the regulated environment and high barriers to market entry
- A success story on the healthcare market that goes back more than 30 years and a management team with many years of experience
- A continuous rise in the EBITDA margin to 12.2 % in FY 2016
- Further potential from integrating and raising the profile of existing hospitals
A conservative approach to financing
- A healthy financial structure with a balanced maturity profile
- An investment grade profile as a guiding principle of Group financing