About Asklepios Clinik Birkenwerder
We welcome you to the Asklepios Clinic Birkenwerder
Our clinic has a 115 years long tradition. What once was a sanatorium is nowadays an acute clinic with 151 beds. Our specialties are orthopaedics, diabetology and vascular surgery. Apart from our wide range of expertise in those fields we are acknowledged for the specialised multidisciplinary treatment of the diabetic foot syndrome. Our clinic includes also a certified center for minimal-invasive joint surgery and arthroscopy.
Your well-being is the main focus of our interest; your satisfaction our incentive. Our motivated and highly trained personnel will arrange your stay as comfortable as possible.
State of the Art medical care
Four State-of-the-art equipped operating theatres, the newest CT in the whole federal state of Brandenburg since 2012 and our highly qualified doctors and personnel give us the chance to offer you medical care of the highest standard. We provide highly qualified medical care along with professional nursing and a charming atmosphere.
Quality Pioneers: KTQ certified since 2004
We have set ourselves the highest standards and give great importance to the best medical treatment and individual care combined with a pleasant ambiance. Therefore we have been pioneers on the field of certified quality in the federal state of Brandenburg as the first clinic ever certified under DIN ISO 9000ff in 1997 and to win the federal quality award 2002. In 2004 we got the KTQ-Standard certificate award, which belongs amongst the highest standards for German hospitals. We have been renewing our KTQ certificate since then every 3 years.
Our staff members are trained to focus their consideration on all our patients’ needs and provide not only professional but also emotional support. Our reception is being annually evaluated according to the highest hotel standards.
For more information contact us:
We would be delighted to welcome you in our clinic!
Medical Centers & Departments
Accomodation & Comfort
Our rooms have a comfortable and warm character with picture-window, bathroom, flat screen TV, radio, telephone and wireless internet access. They are classy and generously furnished according to the 5 star hotel standards. The German association of private insurances accredited our clinic in 2012 with the prize of the highest accommodation standard.
For more information about leisure activities visit the following websites
Accomodation for visitors
How to find us
Coming from Berlin centre
- Take the Highway A111/E26, follow the signs Hamburg/Reinickendorf/Siemensdamm
- Take the exit 2b-Stolpe towards Stolpe/Hohen Neuendorf/Henningsdorf-Ost
- Continue towards Hohen Neuendorf (approx. 3,5 km)
- At the traffic light junction in Hohen Neuendorf turn left (B96, federal highway)
- Head for the next traffic light junction in Birkenwerder (approx. 2,0 km)
- Turn right into Clara-Zetkin-Strasse (B96a) till train station Birkenwerder
- Follow the road sign of the Asklepios Clinic behind the train station bridge (see map for details)
Via Berliner Ring
- Take the northern highway ring road A10
- Take the exit “Birkenwerder” and head towards the Centre
- Turn left at the traffic light junction in front of the Town Hall (approx. 1,5 km)
- Follow Clara-Zetkin-Strasse (B96a) until you reach the train station Birkenwerder
- Follow the road sign of the Asklepios Clinic behind the train station bridge (see the map for details)
There is a train every 20 minutes from and to Berlin
- Take the S1 Wannsee – Oranienburg and exit at S Birkenwerder
- Take the S8 Grünau/Schöneweide – Birkenwerder and exit at terminal S Birkenwerder
- Walk for about 1km (see the map for details)
Directions from Berlin Central train station:
- Take Bus 245 (towards Nordbahnhof) and exit at the terminal S Nordbahnhof
- Change to the S1 (towards Oranienburg) and exit at S Birkenwerder